Thursday, December 31, 2009

Very Thankful

This post started out in my mind several weeks ago.   Jadon has been singing all over the place.    The more I heard him sing the song, “Thankful,” the more I could not get my mind off it.  “There’s so much to be thankful for.”  It’s true.  I began pondering and thinking.

Then I participated in a chat with Mark Effinger and his mom.  I watched these two express love and hope even though they had been through some tough stuff.  I became more thankful....for my own family and for others who move past difficulty into something more peaceful.

Then I read an article by my friend, Julie, at Digital Marketing Diva.  She talked about believing and beautifully brought the story of Christ together with the goodness of Santa.  Then the song, “Believe,” kept coming to my mind. Jadon sings that one, too, and I hadn’t readily listened to those words until I began listening to him sing over and over, “Believe in what your heart is saying.  Hear the melody that’s playing.  There’s no time to wait.  There’s so much to celebrate.  Believe in what you feel inside you.  Give those dreams the wings to fly.  You have everything you need, if you just believe.”  Powerful.  True.  I could do a whole article on this (and may).  These, again, deepened my gratitude.

Then just yesterday while looking for recipes, I came across The Pioneer Woman.  While browsing around in the recipes, I started reading about her.  I became enraptured with her story and family.  I guess growing up around farmers and ranchers, this story had a tender spot in my heart.  I began to think about my husband and the good man that he was and our relationship and story, and gratitude came oozing out again.

Then I woke up this morning to this beautiful winter day.  I truly have so much to be thankful for, so I am sharing a video with you– music compliments of my son– and pictures of all I am thankful for!

PS.  Turn off the music on my blog page so you can hear this video without confusion

1 Please comment here:

Jonathan and Cheri said...

Hi Denise - thanks for the nicest compliment! I didn't have an email to respond to you with - mine is cheri_baby at hotmail =) You have a beautiful family!! And I wish you did live closer, I need a crafting buddy, everyone here does the minimal and certainly does not include being creative ;)