Sunday, April 5, 2009

Some funnies from the CA trip

We were driving along chatting. Paul told Misi about his employee that crashed in Vegas a few years ago. Whitnee said, "yeah. He was a stalker. He stalked me and Mykelle." Paul said to Whitnee, "spell 'stalker.'" She said, "s-t-o-c-k..." I said, "nope." She then said, "Oh yeah, it's the s-t-a-l-k-e-r one." Then Paul hands me his cell phone and pulls up a text message from Mykelle a few days before. It read, "I can see you pulling into____. I'm behind you." To which Paul replied, "STOCKER!" Yep! He's the spelling champ and loves company in his world. That's why he picked on Whit.

A while later, still driving along, Paul asks me, "how do you spell Arby's?" I can't even respond to that one!

And the best of all....I am navigating and reading the streets we should pass to get to our turn off. Paul is looking at street signs and says, "what about NINth street?" (Think sin, tin, fin, bin sound for NINth street here.) With out looking up, I process it for a second till the light bulb clicks on and I said, "do you mean NINTH (9th) street?" He rolls his eyes and we laugh for a LONG time!

We are a special family!

3 Please comment here:

Lainee said...

Looks like their are a few in the family that would have no idea how to spell the word tessellate.... glad to know I am in good company! (I have spelled stalker wrong too!)

So Amazed said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
So Amazed said...

Your story about Paul and Ninth Street made me LOL! You guys crack me up! Lets get together this summer...please! Lynnette