Sunday, April 5, 2009

Are you Smarter than a 4th grader?

Here is yet another vocabulary/math lesson from my 4th ("I should be 5th") grader. The other day Britton asked me, "Mom? Which shapes do not tessellate?"

"What does tessellate mean?"

"It means you can trace the pattern over and over like a hexagon."

He explained to me that bees tessellate by making their honeycomb in hexagon shapes.

Okay, how do you parent this when they are smarter than you?? I even had to look this up in the dictionary to know how to spell it!

2 Please comment here:

Tim and Rachel Seely said...

Hey Paul and Denise, this is Rachel Goodwin Seely. I came across your blog and it has been so fun to see the new additions to your family as well as how grown up everyone is! (except Paul, he still looks like a teenager!) I hope you don't mind if I check in every now and then, it is so much fun to see friends from home!
Your family is so beautiful!

Lynnette said...

That's funny Denise! Believe me, with home schooling my children I think I learn just as much (if not more) than they do! It is always fun to try to answer their questions!
Lynnette Petralia