Monday, October 6, 2008

Canning Queens

I spent yesterday evening with my sweet daughter-in-law bottling peaches and pears. Grandma Vicki helped, then Amanda came in wondering what we were doing. We bottle 96 quarts of peaches and pears. We have two more boxes of peaches and pears to go, but ran out of bottles, so we'll be back in business again, soon. Amanda was so funny. She was helping peel peaches and said she felt like the picture she saw in the Lion House in SLC of the ladies gathered together working. I told her that this was her "pioneer moment" but just wait until we start making quilts for the new baby! We couldn't get anyone to take a picture of us working hard, though. Tiff and I may stack all these bottles and take a picture because we are proud of our work! The bad news is that my counter cracked from the heat of the jars last night. Interestingly enough, I cannot feel or see the crack this morning. Don't know what that means-- overnight healing??!! ;o)

5 Please comment here:

Nazarina A said...

NO worries! Your words painted the picture of you and friends canning those delicious peaches!

Whitnee said...

I hope that this includes some for me!? sorry I couldn't help.

Lainee said...

Wow that is a lot of peaches and pears! Good Job!!

Prudy said...

Wow-you really are canning Queens! I wonder what happened with your counter?? I hope it experience a miraculous overnight recovery. Thanks for your sweet comment on my post yesterday. It made my day.

photography by Mikki said...

Denise! You are always up to something amazing and making me wish I was more like that! It's crazy that you're going to be a Grandma soon, but I love it! It's been so fun to watch my mom with Mandi's little bug, and I can only imagine how loved Whit's little baby will be with all your boys! We should do another Ward-Webster get together one of these days!